Kimberly's Reviews > Enduring Bond

Enduring Bond by Christa Paige

Recommended to Kimberly by: Michelle Lux
Recommended for: Any fan of Paranormal Romance, vampire romance that isn't YA

Right away, Ms. Paige pulls you in with her gifts of description, story-telling, and scene-setting. You’ll get the important backstories necessary to the development of these characters and their story. (This was very important to me, as I was unfamiliar with the Kan Asma vampires before this book.) You’ll walk the dank halls of the Lifespan Institute’s basement, hear the mournful wails of the tortured vampires, and feel the oppression of the lecherous mad scientist. And you’ll fall for hot, swoon-worthy Ashe, and beautiful, sensitive Mariyah, and root for them from the start.

Perhaps my favorite thing about this novel, and what sets it apart from so many others, is – without getting too spoiler-y, I hope – Mariah is not your typical damsel in distress. While in grave danger herself, it is she who orchestrates Ashe’s rescue.

I have been a fan of Paranormal Romance, especially featuring vampires, for far longer than they’ve been popping up on bestseller lists, and have read a LOT of vampire romance. With the mega-successes of the genre in the mid-aughts to early teens, the market became entirely too over-saturated. Since then it’s been really hard for me to find a well-written vampire romance that I really, truly enjoy. Not only did this novel deliver, but I feel like the Kan Asma vampires could be my new Black Dagger Brotherhood!

If you've been missing vampire romance novels as they were pre-Twilight/The Vampire Diaries/Etc., then you should check Enduring Bond out.

Read the full review on my blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enduring Bond.

January 10, 2018 – Started Reading