Kelshei's Reviews > The Oathing Stone

The Oathing Stone by J.Z.N. McCauley

Let me preface this review by saying that I rarely give 5 star reviews; I just don’t. A book has to really wow me to earn one, and this one did! It is obvious, even if I had not seen the subtitle, that this is not the first book in the series. However, the author has done an admirable job catching up the reader without completely re-telling the whole story. There were a couple of times that I felt like there was some information that I’d missed (I’ve not read the first book in the trilogy), but it was certainly not enough to detract me from the rest of the story. I very much enjoyed how the author has woven in threads from Celtic/Irish mythology and has given a fresh look at the world of the fae beyond “light” and “dark”. It takes a special book for me to want to go back and read the book(s) before it in a series so I get a richer perspective, and an even more special book for me to look past a cliffhanger ending. The book was not full of filler sentences to pad the word count, nor was it novella length, hindering the author’s storytelling. Well done! Now, I want to know Danny and Bella’s story!!!!!

Reviewed by HR Duby for Romance Authors that Rock

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Oathing Stone.

January 24, 2018 – Started Reading