Ana's Reviews > Beg for Mercy

Beg for Mercy by Shannon Dermott

Oct 26, 2011

bookshelves: part-of-a-series, young-adult, paranormal, read-in-2011
Read from November 07 to 14, 2011

I would really give it 4.5 stars, but I round it not just because of the fact I don't have that option here on GR, but because I am really giving credit to the author for really entertaining me with her story.
Mercy is a teenager, but she doesn't have the problems most teenagers have. Sure, she is "obsessed" with boys, but that's pretty much normal at her age. The "only" problem there is she's not allowed to kiss one, because she is a succubus.

"I wish I was a vampire if such things existed instead of a succubus. Based on the folklore, they were just as deadly but possessed the power to not harm anyone if they chose"

Now you see..She is really not allowed to have an intimate contact with a human, because she really doesn't know how to control her powers. The first time she tried to kiss a boy (Paul), ended up in almost killing him. Now, with Luke in the picture she really has to be careful. Not to mention Flynn, that awesome guy everyone loves, and Paul, her best friend, who I must say is my favorite of them all.

I really loved this book! It's a young adult with paranormal elements, and though there could have been more paranormal to suit "paranormal lovers" demands, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
What I really loved is the fact that it was such an easy read that holds your interest until it's last page. It's well written and enjoyable read. Perfect even for those that are not much into paranormal books.
I love Mercy, and though at times she seems confused, not knowing which guy to chose or what she really feels, I could totally understand her! The book sucked me in from the first page and I am really thankful to my buddies from R2R and the author for generously offering me a copy of this book! I am looking forward to reading the next installment!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beg for Mercy.

11/14/2011 page 472