Ashlee » Library In The Country's Reviews > Wicked Saints

Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan

bookshelves: continue-this-series, fantasy-read, favorites

BLOG TOUR (Q&A + Review)

HOT DAMN THIS WAS INSANE.

Launching myself into the sun would be less stressful than reading the final chapters of this book. Emily A. Duncan is the maestro of dark boys and probably evil gods. Emily is a bloodmage and this is her spellbook, I am entranced.

Wicked Saints is a bold and creative novel that takes some of our best loved themes and flips them on their head. This remarkable dark fantasy debut is rooted in a Slavic inspired world that will hold you hostage. Once you get started, you won’t be able to look away.

This is the type of story that will seek deep into your bones and consume you. I’ve seen it compared to Leigh Bardugo’s Grishaverse and while there are similarities and certainly appeal to fans of the aforementioned, Wicked Saints is wholly and uniquely its own story. There is nothing quite like it that I’ve read.

The story follows three characters - a young cleric and conduit of the Gods, a runaway heretic magic and a sassy alcoholic prince. These are the characters I didn’t know I needed. These are the characters you didn’t know you needed.

Full of witty banter and a chilling atmosphere, Wicked Saints soars to the top of my favorite debuts list. The hype is well deserved, you need this stunning book (inside and out!) on your shelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Saints.

January 28, 2018 – Shelved
January 28, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
December 25, 2018 – Started Reading
December 25, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "Because this is what you do when you’ve just read something that emotionally wrecked you. You dive into one of the most anticipated debuts of the next year. I’ve been saving it 😂"
December 25, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "Oh hai. I was also selected for the blog tour and I think I died a little inside when I got that news so yeah I’m gonna read this now but you’ll have to wait for my review. 😬"
51.0% "This. Book. 🤗"
December 28, 2018 –
62.0% "”Then we can come to a different understanding.”

MY HEART IS POUNDING."
December 28, 2018 –
75.0% "WHAT WHAT WHAT. 😵"
December 28, 2018 – Finished Reading