Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch's Reviews > At the Stroke of Midnight

At the Stroke of Midnight by Tara Sivec

20834913

bookshelves: arc, cute, favorites, great-series-starter-must-read-the

Just Another Book Bitch's ALWAYS SPOILER FREE REVIEW

description

Stop 🛑
Before opening this book please consider... are you a prude(ish)? Does vulgar language offend you...
OR
Does your halo stay in place only because of your horns?
Do you have that naughty girl of your youth banging to get out from before you were a mom?
Do you have that inner wild child that you never let run wild and free?

If you chose door number two PICK this book up right now!
YOU NEED TO READ IT
TRUST ME!

Witty banter
Funny and charismatic characters
Romance that curls your toes

The damsel in distress princess and the perfect prince is for little girls. In At The Stroke Of Midnight, Tara gives us the not so perfect princesses that can shake their ass... I mean to save their own ass JUST KIDDING I mean both!!! All while taming & claiming the asshole prince too! This funny and original retelling of a Cinderella story is sure to make you laugh out loud.

Cynthia (our main character) gets a large dose of reality that doesn’t just knock her off her high horse. But spits in her face too. She isn't dislikable in the beginning but you do want her to stop behaving as if life is perfect. You want to throw your kindle when you see how blind she is to the world around her and just how bad she's let her life become because she was in denial ...

In walks Ariel.

description

Now I know our favorite character is supposed to be our heroine ... but NO Ariel quickly became my FAVORITE!! Rude, crude, brave, and a true spitfire. I can totally relate to her personality and humor that I instantly fell in love with her. You’re supposed to love the main character the heroin. Don’t get me wrong. She’s great. But Ariel’s crude no filter having ass makes this story and (#iAmAriel) #SorryNotSorry. Crude protective and IDGAF when it comes to protecting and helping my friends. Ariel is my soul sister for sure.

Cynthia and Ariel quickly become fast friends that decide to help each other out of the mess their lives have become. Add in Isabelle the quite, smart, and timid friend and you've just hit the best friend trifecta!! (FYI... Isabelle reminds me of Velma from Scooby-Doo everyone likes Velma right? I do *shrugs)

These girls get themselves into some funny situations that truly make the pages fly by! Yes, we have romance but these girls...this friendship, is what makes this book and what is sure to make this standalone series EPIC!!

At The Stroke Of Midnight has real characters that jump off the pages. Girl power that strengthens your faith in women (when they stick together) and a romance that makes you laugh and makes your heart melt! I can't wait for others in this series. I already miss my new friends and can't wait to see what's in store for Ariel and Isabelle.

PURCHASE LINKS
Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon CA, iBooks

Find/follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & My Blog Page

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At the Stroke of Midnight.

January 28, 2018 – Started Reading
January 28, 2018 – Shelved
January 28, 2018 – Shelved as: arc
January 30, 2018 –
26.0% "YOU GUYS!!! OMG
Rarely
RARELY do I find a book that is truly laugh out loud funny!
Everyone always says you "have to read this it's so funny" and then I'm disappointed because it falls short... NOT THE CASE WITH THIS BOOK! SO very very cute and I have littery laughed out loud! I'm really really enjoying it!!"
February 5, 2018 – Finished Reading
February 25, 2018 – Shelved as: cute
February 25, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
February 25, 2018 – Shelved as: great-series-starter-must-read-the

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

message 1: by Charlotte (new) - added it

Charlotte Coles Great review

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch Charlotte wrote: "Great review"

Thank you so much Charlotte!!

message 3: by Patty (new) - added it

Patty Erickson Bitches spending my money with great reviews...

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch Patty wrote: "Bitches spending my money with great reviews..."

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Thank you, Patty!! This is a great pick me up read to break up the monotony of your typical romance. I really hope you enjoy it!

Marie Vasquez Great review. It’s been on my TBR. Bumping it up for sure.

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch Naughty Mom wrote: "Great review. It’s been on my TBR. Bumping it up for sure."

GURRL!! You know it takes a lot to make me laugh You are going to LOVE this series!!

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim Sutton Door number 2! Need this!

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch Kim wrote: "Door number 2! Need this!"

HAHAHA!!! This is too funny! You will love it!

Stormi (Bewitched Reader) Wonderful review! I love how you started it with the two door options, haha!

message 10: by Sawyer ❤ (new)

Sawyer  ❤ LoveSawyer.com This book sounds awesome!

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch Stormi (Bewitched Reader) wrote: "Wonderful review! I love how you started it with the two door options, haha!"

Bwahahaha Thank you Stormi! <3

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch Kiss Like a Girl wrote: "This book sounds awesome!"

It's definitely going down as a favorite romcom for sure <3

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch Jordana wrote: "My blasted halo just got stuck on my buck teeth laughing so hard over your review."

LMAO!!! EPIC hahahahah
I always knew horns were handier than the halo!! hahahaha!! <3 <3

message 14: by Kati (new)

Kati LOL, Great Review I absolutely love it, and this book looks and sounds absolutely amazing and fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing your post and putting this book on my radar.

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch Katiria wrote: "LOL, Great Review I absolutely love it, and this book looks and sounds absolutely amazing and fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing your post and putting this book on my radar."

Thank you so so much Katiria! I hope you get a chance to read it! These characters are so great I know this entire series will be a favorite fun read for sure! ❤️

message 16: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Fab review as ever Terrie 👍🏻

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch Maureen wrote: "Fab review as ever Terrie 👍🏻"

Thank you Maureen!

message 18: by Hanne (new)

Hanne Fab review

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch Hanne wrote: "Fab review"

THANK YOU!!! ❤️❤️