Ayekah's Reviews > Smoke and Mirrors

Smoke and Mirrors by Julie Rowe

Holy hell what a book. Wow Wow Wow! This book was crazy, in the very best way. It's a must read.
Romantic suspense can be a tough one but this book packed a serious punch and kept me flipping those pages like a loon!

Lyle Smoke comes home to Utah after his stint in the Army in over. He's been gone a long time, he's different now, he knows that yet some things don't change. In the small town he calls home, obvious home to other Native Americans as well the story pulls a little of that it, it's inherent in Lyle along with his Special Forces training. Smoke is hella hot and when he meets Kini the sparks fly.

Kini Kerek is on assignment for the CDC in a small town in Utah, sent to take blood samples, ask a few simple medical questions and a swab, she's been t-boned in her car, had her car keyed, beaten, had her car blown up and it's endless. There's an outbreak on Hanta virus in the town and people are dropping like flies. The people of the town are convinced that Kini is to blame when she's simply there to ask questions. Smoke has a friend at CDC and he calls him, River we met in book one. Smoke signs on with the CDC and swears to protect Kini. Kini has been staying at Smokes parents home since she came to town, they're good to her and protective as is Smoke. Getting Grandad involved too now we have the three Smoke men, an overcrowded, taxed hospital with no relief in sight, people are dying and when the chief of staff refuses to call in the CDC their hands are tied. Fortunately he dies and the next day the town's retired Dr says yes and even though help is on it's way there is something much more sinister going on here.
That's all you get from me. This book is a must read. The twists and turns how many times I said,
Didn't see that coming " I lost count. You think you know the bad guys, some are pretty obvious, some are not so much and there's a whole nut load of crazy going on here too. I loved when Smoke fell back on his childhood upbringing relying on his senses and knowing the canyons and where to hide. Smoke was a great character, Kini I adored.
Julie Rowe you knocked me out with this one and I loved it!! It's an absolutely fantastic read. I look forward to the next book!

*advanced reader copy from NetGalley and Entangled in exchange for an honest review. My review contains my own opinions and thoughts.**
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smoke and Mirrors.

January 28, 2018 – Shelved