Lucy's Reviews > Nowhere Ranch

Nowhere Ranch by Heidi Cullinan

"I want to fuck you so good I ruin you for anybody else. I want to make you mine. Mine. I want to brand you like the cattle."

This one took me totally by surprise. I went into it for the kink which it definitely delivered but it was also a gorgeous romance.

Roe is a hand at the ranch that Travis owns, they don't communicate a great deal until one night when Roe drives out of town to visit a gay bar and ends up running straight into Travis. Roe doesn't want to mix business and pleasure but his and Travis kinks line up perfectly so he can't resist for long.

The beginning of this book is very sex heavy. Roe and Travis' relationship begins as a purely sexual, kink relationship so that is what the first half is focused around. It is a smoking hot read. There were some kinks in here that I don't usually enjoy in my books but the way they were written here I found that it all just really worked for me. This ones not for readers who shy away from steam and kink as some of this really quite filthy, I personally loved it though.

"I don't want a partner. I don't want a husband. I want a boy. I want a little slut I can order what to do. I want you in boots and spurs and chaps and nothing else, sucking on my cock with a tail hanging out of your ass."

After the first half, the relationship between the two begins to develop more emotionally as well. Roe is scared, he is hurt from his family's rejection so he distances himself from everyone. It takes a while for him to come to terms with how he feels for Travis and to accept that there is something real happening between them. Travis is so understanding and supportive though, he gives Roe all the time and space he needs to allow him to realise his feelings on his own terms.

I wanted him and everything he might do to me so much it scared me a little.

I think the factor that really made this book work for me though was the fact that it was all narrated by Roe. He has such an authentic voice. He's straight talking and genuine. His voice is so honest, and there's no grey areas; it's all black and white for him. Some of the things he says made me laugh, but he also made me ache at times. He goes through such a journey throughout this book. At the beginning he doesn't think much of himself. He takes what his family have taught him on board and they've only ever shown disdain and hate for who he is. Seeing Roe's progress into becoming comfortable and happy within himself was just so beautiful.

I was never the devil, and I didn't deserve to be treated like one. Hate can never be love, not for any excuse.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nowhere Ranch.

January 28, 2018 – Started Reading
January 28, 2018 – Shelved
January 28, 2018 –
24.0% ""You're so fucking dirty. You'll take anything I do to you, won't you? And you love it.""
February 1, 2018 – Shelved as: contemporary
February 1, 2018 – Shelved as: talk-dirty-to-me
February 1, 2018 – Finished Reading
March 7, 2018 – Shelved as: favourites-2018
February 16, 2019 – Shelved as: diverse-reads

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Caipi Fantastic review, Lucy! I love this book, think it's time for a re-read! :)

Lucy Caipi wrote: "Fantastic review, Lucy! I love this book, think it's time for a re-read! :)"
Thankyou :) It's definitely one I can see myself going back and rereading in the future.