Erin's Reviews > Hammered

Hammered by Kevin Hearne

Oct 25, 2011

Read from October 25 to November 01, 2011 — I own a copy

A thrilling conclusion to Mr. Hearne's trilogy. While I know that there will be more books... YAY!... this definitely felt like a trilogy. This book nicely wraps up a arc that began in book 2. Once again Atticus finds himself emmeshed in the middle of gods and retribution for magical beings. He chooses to aid his friends in their quest for vengeance and it takes just about all he has to help them accomplish this task. Thrilling sequences and daring magic fill this edge of your seat, action packed book. I loved it and I couldn't put it down. Once again, Mr. Hearne created a world that is realistic and yet very filled with magic. It all makes sense and it was very fun to read about the different planes and mystical representations of the cultural gods. His rendition of Jesus, for instance, was hysterical and I loved it. It was also fun to journey with Atticus and even though he is a 2 thousand+ old Druid, he still was able to learn and grow. I definitely recommend this series to everyone and I eagerly await the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hammered.