Fanna's Reviews > The Last Time I'll Write About You

The Last Time I'll Write About You by Dawn Lanuza

72205668

liked it
bookshelves: arc, read-in-2018, poetry, romance, contemporary, digital-review-copy, female-author, standalone

I liked this but it wasn't something I'll keep thinking about for days and I expect that from my poems.

The main focus is on contemporary romantic feelings of heartbreak, and sorrow and anguish that comes along with it. Most of the poems were kinda synonymous to the quick ones I come across while scrolling through Tumblr, so while they were nice to read, they didn't have a spark. (Not saying Tumblr poems don't have a spark, please don't take things in their unintended way) A few were really good and I felt myself get more piqued at the one-liners that were frequently placed in between a few poems. They were genuinely nice. Other than the content, I'll also point out that the formatting is quite aesthetic and I liked how there were a few sketches whenever a new part starts. I know many poetry books are aesthetically pleasing but I want to mention how this one 'looked' good to me, and in a way, made the whole experience better.

I would recommend this to all those who prefer the light, quick poems that revolve around romantic angst.

Disclaimer: I received a digital copy of this via Netgalley but that in no way influences my rating and/or opinions about it. Thank you Andrews McMeel Publishing and Dawn Lanuza!

Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Time I'll Write About You.

January 28, 2018 – Started Reading