Kelly Mongan's Reviews > The Girl in the Tower

The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden

bookshelves: favorites

I HAVE SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS SERIES!

Seriously, I can't get enough of Vasya and her adventures. Or of the frost demon (am I the only one who finds him dreamy?). I need to know what happens next and cannot wait until August to find out!

Katherine Arden does it again with The Girl in the Tower, second in the series behind The Bear and the Nightingale. I've completely fallen in love with Russian folklore and its many spirits and demons and heroes.

This novel takes us out of the wilderness and into the city, as Vasya eventually makes it to Moscow, where she is reunited with her brother and sister. However, Vasya's adventures continue even as she reaches Moscow, and they're as captivating as always. This time, she's disguised as a boy, fighting bandits and saving little girls. Yes - I want to be Vasya, and I want my very own frost demon.

I doubt this review makes any sense, but I'm kind of just word vomiting my love for this series. I have no idea what I am going to do when it's all over!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl in the Tower.

January 26, 2018 – Shelved