Deena's Reviews > Awaken Me

Awaken Me by Farrah Rochon

So Good!

Another good visit with the Holmes Family! This time, it's Reid's turn. He meets Brooklyn when she starts to work for Alex's growing construction company, and wants to dislike her, but her Black Girl Magic proves to be too much to resist. I love that Brooklyn was so different from our usual heroine; she was into comics and cosplay, a self-proclaimed nerd (or blerd, lol), with a unique vibe. Poor Reid didn't stand a chance. Speaking of Reid, while handsome and fine as hell (I mean, he is a Holmes!), he also wasn't the usual hero. He had issues that he struggled with, which made him very real and relatable to me. I love a sexy, alpha billionaire as much as everybody else, but it's also nice to read about someone you might actually find in real life. Loved the way these two encouraged each other to face their fears. Although they seemed to be opposites, they were perfect for each other.

I've been low-key worried about Willow and Harrison throughout this part of the series. And just when I thought they'd worked through whatever issues they're having, they dropped that bombshell at the end. Please,please, please let their story be next! I need to know what's going on. And why!

Also...Jonathan. Ma'am! He keeps popping up being gorgeous, fine and helpful. He intrigues me. Got my fingers and toes crossed that you're cooking something up for him.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awaken Me.

January 26, 2018 – Started Reading