Darque Dreamer 's Reviews > Leaping Wolf

Leaping Wolf by J.P. Harker

bookshelves: top-reads

Leaping Wolf blazes with ferocity. It holds death, betrayal and intensely powerful emotion. With the heart of a wildcat, and the soul of a wolf, this one is the embodiment of war, friendship, and honor.

Have you ever looked at a big book and felt intimidation and fear? Intimidation from the size, and fear that, once you start reading, you would become lost to everything around you. These are the emotions I felt as I looked at Leaping Wolf, but when I finished it, my soul was quenched and I was kicking myself for having waited so long to read it!

Leaping Wolf had power and passion. It spoke of love, loss, fear, and redemption. It was an intense story about the emotional side of peace, war, and loyalty.

I absolutely devoured it! My heart was pounding the entire time! I found myself lost in the depth of the world that Harker has created and became emotionally attached to the characters.

I had enjoyed book 1, Wildcat, and I had fallen in love with Rhia, and her ferocious spirit and bravery. I found myself still admiring her, but my heart has now been stolen by Gawan. As this book focused more on his role as First Man in his tribe. I saw how conflicted he was with his love for battle, and his honor. He was as fierce as Rhia, and yet, he carried more guilt and anger. But, I also loved how Rhia’s intensity still shined. The fact that entire tribes of men were intimidated by her was so empowering!

This story was incredibly well written. It had the astounding amount of mythology and world building that Wildcat did, but it just seemed to offer even more. I found myself turning page after page with excitement, and by the end of the book I was talking out loud as if I were watching an intense movie! Harker not only wrote emotionally profound characters, but he threw in intense battle scenes and plot twists that had me on the edge of my seat!

This one had everything I love in an action fantasy! It had murder, mayhem, passion, and depth. The world and the battles were described so vividly. The characters were so dynamic, and I never felt like I was missing anything from their story lines because Harker added in reminders from Wildcat while keeping the flow of Leaping Wolf going. Hands down, this was a damn good 5 star read!

Thank you to the author for sending me this free copy in exchange for my honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leaping Wolf.

January 26, 2018 – Shelved