Vanessa's Reviews > Fury Frayed

Fury Frayed by Melissa Haag

F 50x66

For those readers that loved the Judgement of Six series, you will not be disappointed with Melissa Haag's new series, Of Fates and Furies!!

I've been on the Melissa band wagon from the beginning. I've read everything she has written, and when I saw the blurb for this book, I knew I had to try it out. I was so pleasantly surprised by HOW MUCH I ended up loving it.

Plot wise, Melissa has always been a genius. This is no exception. While we don't get a HUGE idea of what the overarching plot will be, Fury Frayed sets the tone and the pace for the books that will follow. There are so many new creatures that I haven't seen in many novels as of late: Succubi and Griffins, then there are also the paranormal creatures that we all are very familiar with and love: Werewolves and mermaids and sirens. There is this beautiful blend of these mythical creatures that live all together trying to figure out how to live with the rest of humanity, and it's bloody hilarious.

If we are talking characters, then Melissa has outdone herself. Those that loved Bethi and Isabelle from Jo6 will find Megan quite the sarcastic and temperamental treat. She is a no BS, boss of a teenager, and you instantly fall in love with her. There is no maiden to be saved here people, Megan will save her damn self- and all of her friends while she is at it. She does not play the victim, because she's the hero. And along for the ride you have a shameless flirt of a werewolf, a overprotective griffin who brings loyalty to a whole new level, and a slightly insecure hugmaster of a succubus. The mash of these characters is so humorous, but also works really well together.

Overall, you wont be disappointed, I promise. If you were debating reading this novel, do it. If you weren't sure you can fall in love with characters again after the Judgement of Six series, you can. If you need a good laugh and fantastic writing to boot, look no further. This is going to be such an amazing series, I can't wait for all of you to fall in love with these characters like I have <3

(SIDE NOTE: If you dont buy this book for any other reason, there is a Clabby scene at the end that you DO NOT want to miss! It's to die for!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fury Frayed.

Finished Reading