Raine Lampert's Reviews > Pattern of Wounds

Pattern of Wounds by J. Mark Bertrand

Oct 24, 2011

Read in October, 2011

I found Pattern of Wounds a great detective book. After being called to a scene of a woman that is murdered March has a rough road ahead of him. He realizes that the scene looks very familiar, it is staged to look like a case he had previously worked on. The case takes many twists and turns as March tries to find out what really happened to this woman. In the course of working the case he finds out who his friends are, who he can trust, plus goes through some challenging times in his marriage. He uses all that he has learned through the years to solve this case, sometimes that is done by playing pretty close to the line of being a good cop or a rogue cop. Detective Roland March is a very believable character that you feel sorry for at times, thinking that he is a little too misunderstood by the people he works with. A person does have to respect him being he really tells it like it is and doesn't let others opinions sidetrack him from his course of action. March is a complex person that does struggle with dealing with the horrors that he investigates as a Detective and the struggles of not bringing all the work home to his wife.I was impressed that even though he has seen and gone through a lot he is still very human. I would recommend reading this book. I received this book free from Bethany House. All they ask for is my honest opinion and for me to post a review of the book. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did. Happy reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pattern of Wounds.