Sharon Paavola's Reviews > Stranger No More: A Muslim Refugee’s Story of Harrowing Escape, Miraculous Rescue, and the Quiet Call of Jesus

Stranger No More by Annahita Parsan

I found myself staying up late delving into Annahita's life, her struggles, and her quest for in freedom from abuse and dominion as a Muslim woman. Her childhood in Iran was simple and then her world became complex beyond her wildest imaginations. One day she was married and the next, a widow. Her nightmarish world astonished me. This recollection of what she encountered, endured, and then escaped opened my eyes to a world I can barely comprehend. Not that it isn't believable but that in contrast, my life is vastly different. The trauma she endures to bring her children to safety, to practice her new found faith, and to experience life with choices amazed me.

What a remarkable story and woman! I highly recommend this book of hope, suffering, stamina, and faith.

I received a copy from Net Galley. I was not compensated for this review. All thoughts are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stranger No More.

January 23, 2018 – Started Reading