James Berghout's Reviews > 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos

12 Rules for Life by Jordan B. Peterson

I am absolutely blown away by this book!

I hate to say that for the same reason that I hate to praise a great movie that others have not seen yet; I don't want to set expectations such that when others watch/read it, they wonder what the fuss was about. So please set your expectations accordingly.

Okay, with that said, this is one of the most powerful books I have ever read. Each chapter is dedicated to one of the 12 rules for life. The twist is this: the rules seems self-evident and even so commonsensical that one could assume that they could guess the content of the chapter. I did not guess the content of even one of the chapters. Peterson goes deep into a subject that is seemingly unrelated until POW, he ties it into the theme in a way I didn't expect. He supports his insights and claims with numerous footnotes too. It isn't just the psychobabble of an average self-help book. These concepts, if taken seriously, can dramatically change your life.

I hurried through the book as fast as I could so that I could start again and savor it. I'm starting it again as soon as I post this review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 12 Rules for Life.

January 23, 2018 – Started Reading
January 23, 2018 – Shelved
January 23, 2018 –
January 26, 2018 –
January 27, 2018 –
January 29, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Vellanorah How is it so far?

James Berghout Sian wrote: "How is it so far?"

Great. It's detailed, but not difficult. Just my style.

message 3: by Jared (new) - added it

Jared He was just on Joe Rogans podcast. He’s been on several times. Worth a listen. Very powerful stuff that makes me want to dive into this book ASAP.

James Berghout Jared wrote: "He was just on Joe Rogan's podcast. He’s been on several times. Worth a listen. Very powerful stuff that makes me want to dive into this book ASAP."

Yeah. I've heard him on Joe Rogan and many other places. His book is amazing. I finished it, and I'm starting it again to digest it more slowly