Beverly Diehl's Reviews > Demon Soul

Demon Soul by Christine Ashworth

5641908
I really enjoyed this book. In fact, it was the first book in a very long time I actually couldn't wait to get home from the day job to dive back into. Mostly, I know exactly where/how they're going to end - with this, I was on the edge of my seat.

At first, I didn't want to read/think about demons, thinking demon = bad/evil/wrong, but after reading some interviews with the author, who discussed how she sees daimons as more a paranormal creature that can be good OR evil, I thought I'd give it a try. I really liked it, as well as her vision of a world with vampires, were-creature, and fae living among humans.

The author gives the characters engaging voices, good use of humor and location, and I loved her strong, smart (yet appealingly flawed) heroes and heroines.

In the middle of the book it lost a little steam/power for me, despite a really sexy love scene between Rose and Gabriel. At the end, though they do desperately need each other, they battle the villains separately. I think I would have preferred that they take on the baddies while joined together in some way. And I was looking for another love scene at the end *whining.*

That said, I can't wait to read the next book in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Soul.

Started Reading