Sam (AMNReader)'s Reviews > The First Time at Firelight Falls

The First Time at Firelight Falls by Julie Anne Long

bookshelves: read-in-2018, to-be-reread, heroes-to-lick, best-heroine, favorite-series, favorite-romance, oh-baby
Reading for the 2nd time. Most recently started June 1, 2018.

This woman is solidifying herself as one of my favorite contemporary authors.

Her romances feel so real and so do her characters. Eden was a fantastic heroine, so relatable and real - the amount of times she took my breath away discussing her daughter had me falling in love with this book. Annalise felt real too-precocious, but real. And then...there's Gabe. I wouldn't say I was chomping at the bit to read his story, but I pretty much did a 180 with all the direct, intense, short conversations...or ok, he had me with the 'moments' bit-where in the first pages he illustrates the moments where his interest in Eden took root and grow into more-and the moments continue wonderfully in this book.

The set up was delightful. A single mom (with help!) who has to wedge her life into interrupted snippets were such a clever way to handle this romance between two overcommitted people. My kobo is sick with highlights. JAL does another grand gesture and love declaration that make my heart want to break and gives us a glimpse into secondary characters I want to know more about.

I was invested, laughing, and charmed the entire time. Straight to the the tbrr shelf!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Time at Firelight Falls.

Finished Reading
January 23, 2018 – Shelved
January 23, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
June 1, 2018 – Started Reading
1.0% "“The one about the surrey with the fringe on
top was his secret go-to shower jam. That, and Soundgarden’s “Black Hole Sun.”

Brave, Gabe."
June 1, 2018 –
6.0% "Is Jude married? I'm calling him, based on the drawing of penis and detailed heart on Ken doll..."
June 1, 2018 –
7.0% "How Eden feels about her daughter rings so true for me. Feels like her daughter is based on mine."
June 1, 2018 –
14.0% "“Avalon took a bite and chewed it happily. “You know, I never feel luckier than when I have a plate full of broccoli, Leesy.”

Mac concurred somberly. “You know, it’s the one food I’d take with me to a desert island. The last food in the world I’d ever eat.”

Mac. Seriously. This whole scene is hilarious."
June 1, 2018 –
27.0% "Oh, suspense with these interrupted conversations!"
June 1, 2018 –
33.0% "Did I write this? Seriously."
June 2, 2018 –
89.0% "My heart might never recover."
June 2, 2018 – Shelved as: read-in-2018
June 2, 2018 – Shelved as: to-be-reread
June 2, 2018 – Shelved as: heroes-to-lick
June 2, 2018 – Shelved as: best-heroine
June 2, 2018 – Shelved as: favorite-series
June 2, 2018 – Shelved as: favorite-romance
June 2, 2018 – Shelved as: oh-baby

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

Hollis yeah, baby, that's a homerun right there!

Sam (AMNReader) I was really hoping for a jude-esque comment from you Hollis.

Joanna Loves Reading So glad you loved it! I set it aside to finish my other reads and then give it my undivided attention.

Sam (AMNReader) ugh. Enjoy Joanna. Now I have two books under my belt this week I just want to read again.

Sam (AMNReader) (seriously though, can I reread with you?)

Joanna Loves Reading Umm yes 😉

Sam (AMNReader) I’ll do it!

Blackjack Great review! I'm looking forward to reading this very soon!

message 9: by Ira (new)

Ira Wonderful review Sam!

Sam (AMNReader) Thank you, Ira and Blackjack! I hope you enjoy Blackjack!

Hollis Sam (AMNReader) wrote: "I was really hoping for a jude-esque comment from you Hollis."

"but how can a comment be Jude-esque if it's coming from someone who isn't Jude"..? I TRIED

Sam (AMNReader) Hearts can't break, for fucks sake, Sam. -Dr. Jude Harwood.

Hollis what a romantic. <3

Sam (AMNReader) I love him. I'd predict a Greta pairing...even though she's drive me fucking nuts...