Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always's Reviews > Out of Left Field

Out of Left Field by Kris Hui Lee

Find this review and more on my book blog.

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUT OF LEFT FIELD

1. Lots of mindless reading. Out of Left Field definitely doesn't have a lot of substance. It's incredibly shallow and typical--which was fine by me! Y'all have to admit: We have these certain moods where we just want a fun read that doesn't require any thinking! This was definitely one of those books.

2. A best-friends-turned-lovers trope à la cheesy local rom-com. AGAIN I WAS TOTALLY FINE WITH THIS!!! Best friend romances (with lots of angst and denial in between) are my guilty pleasure, and the one in Out of Left Field was cute and genuine.

3. Awesome non-romantic relationships. Marnie had a positive and empowering friendship with her girl-BFF Sara. She also had a supportive dad, a mother who doesn't know what to think, and a brother who stands up for what he believes in. I thought the relationships were pretty realistic!

4. Baseball talk! This is something I'm not familiar with, but I love sports in contemporary YA.

5. You'll either love it or hate it. Like I said earlier, this book doesn't really have a lot of Substance™, but it really depends on the reader's preferences!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of Left Field.

January 23, 2018 – Shelved