chloe ❀'s Reviews > The Final Six

The Final Six by Alexandra Monir

bookshelves: i-own, advanced-readers-copies, blog-tours, romance

*WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!*

So, I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi.

Sure, I enjoyed reading Your One and Only by Adrianne FInlay and Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, but sci-fi in general is not my type of book? (Ugh what am I talking about please ignore my rambling.)

The cover is so beautiful! I love galaxy backgrounds <3 (My old Wattpad account username was galaxywifi. Apparently galaxy backgrounds and Wi-Fi were two of my favorite things back when I was in the fifth grade.)

To be honest, I didn't really connect with Leo at the beginning. I thought he was living in Ancient Rome (yes, that was how clueless I was), and I did not really know what was going on? When I started reading Naomi's POV I began to understand what was happening and from then on I was hooked. It was hard to put the book down, because I needed to know what happens to Leo and Naomi!

One of my favorite things about The Final Six is that the story is told in multiple POVs. THE MUTUAL PINING HAHAHAHA! I loved reading about Leo and Naomi falling in love with and getting nervous around each other. I LIVE FOR THIS KIND OF STUFF IN BOOKS. <3 I

The setting of this book reminded me of The Hunger Games and Divergent. The selected participants are all very competitive, and they would do ANYTHING to get into the Final Six. + Huge bonus: Diverse characters! The participants are from different parts of the world, and it was fun to get glimpses of their culture when reading about them.

THE CLIFFHANGER ENDING KILLED ME. I was screaming when I reached the end because I NEEDED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT LEO AND NAOMI! I need a sequel. Please. (I was also disappointed because I was actually looking forward to reading about the characters' experiences in space. However, the whole story took place on boring ol' Earth.)

Overall rating

★★★★.5

Diverse characters + space travel + romance. THIS BOOK IS JUST SO GOOD PLEASE GO READ IT.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Final Six.

January 22, 2018 – Shelved