Cathy Geha's Reviews > My Scot, My Surrender

A horse
A fight
A kiss
A marriage

Yep…that is pretty much what happened…Well, in the first chapter of the book. After that a whole lot more happens as an evil villain is thwarted a lost family is found and admiration of a “beast” becomes a whole lot more.

Brandt Montgomery Pierce is a well-to-do stable master looking for horses to buy on a shopping trip to Scotland when he sees Sorcha MacLaren, The MacLaren Beast, fighting a much larger adversary. The fight was in fun and for a wager but the big lout did not take his loss well so Brandt stepped in to lend a hand. To say he was a bit surprised by her ardent reward for his help is to put it mildly. To say he was more surprised when her brothers and cousins arrived in the midst of the reward pretty much forcing a shotgun wedding is an understatement. The fact that Sorcha has something he believes worth bartering for sees the marriage accomplished quickly BUT then the evil Marchioness Malvern arrives to take his betrothed…wedded or not. With a chase across the highlands, fights along the road, a clan to visit that might provide clues to the identity of Brandt’s mother and a final resolution to many issues this story is not only action-packed and suspenseful but filled with witty repartee, tender moments, nefarious characters, surprises and oh so much more.

This book was well plotted and excellently written. The chemistry between Brandt and Sorcha was there from the first but the slow growing love story was one that warmed my heart. I found Sorcha to be strong in more ways than one and I found Brandt to be her perfect mate…he agreed…finally ;) When I can say I felt I was there, admired the characters and would like to call them friends then it is a good story indeed – this was such a story!

Thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing – Amara for the ARC – This is my honest review.

5 Stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Scot, My Surrender.

January 21, 2018 – Started Reading