Carol (Bookaria)'s Reviews > The Woman in the Window

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn

bookshelves: 2018, fiction, mistery-thriller, top-2018

This book is a psychological thriller starring agoraphobic Dr. Anna Fox.

Anna is a house-bound psychologist that spends her days drinking wine, popping benzos, watching films, and spying on her neighbors with the powerful zoom of her camera.

One day, Anna is doing her usual snooping when she sees a crime being committed and her life is then turned upside down. This is the setup for this thriller and is all I'm saying about this novel, you must read it to find out what happens.

I enjoyed the novel and experienced many thoughts and emotions while reading it. At the beginning I thought 'I'd love to spend my days like Anna relaxing at home' UNTIL the main character described the crippling aspect of agoraphobia and how the mental illness has limited her life and the lives of other sufferers like her. The author did a great job of chronicling the symptoms and thoughts of the main character, Anna's anxiety and powerlessness.

It is extremely difficult to cope with a mental illness, however, the main character annoyed me at points because she did not help herself by constantly missing her doses, erroneously taking double doses, and mixing them with alcohol despite her Doctor's stern warning to NOT mix her prescribed medications with alcohol.

However... if we didn't have conflict we wouldn't have a novel, right?

Overall, I enjoyed the novel and recommend it to readers of thrillers and contemporary fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Woman in the Window.

January 20, 2018 – Started Reading
January 20, 2018 – Shelved
January 24, 2018 –
page 300
70.26% "Hmm... this woman seems deluded..."
January 24, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018
January 24, 2018 – Shelved as: fiction
January 24, 2018 – Shelved as: mistery-thriller
January 24, 2018 – Shelved as: top-2018
January 24, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)

j e w e l s Love your review, Carol! I think you liked it more than I did😘

Carol (Bookaria) j e w e l s wrote: "Love your review, Carol! I think you liked it more than I did😘"

Thank you, Jewels, I liked it but it also annoyed me, haha

Milena Great review Carol! This book was great.

message 4: by Carol (Bookaria) (last edited Jan 24, 2018 07:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carol (Bookaria) Milena wrote: "Great review Carol! This book was great."

Thank you, Milena! Glad you enjoyed it too

message 5: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie Fantastic review, Carol!!

Carol (Bookaria) Julie wrote: "Fantastic review, Carol!!"

Thank you, Julie! 😊

message 7: by Rita (new)

Rita Loved your review, Carol! You said just enough. I suffer from occasional bouts of agoraphobia. Sometimes I'll have an appointment and I'll have to cancel it because I cannot make myself leave my apartment. It's a form of anxiety disorder.

message 8: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Lovely review.

message 9: by Carol (Bookaria) (last edited Jan 25, 2018 06:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carol (Bookaria) Rita wrote: "Loved your review, Carol! You said just enough. I suffer from occasional bouts of agoraphobia. Sometimes I'll have an appointment and I'll have to cancel it because I cannot make myself leave my ap..."

Thank you, Rita! I liked how well the author explained the symptoms and experience the main character went through. I noticed you added it, would love to see what you think about it.

Carol (Bookaria) Bianca wrote: "Lovely review."

Thank you, Bianca!

Babydimps (Suzy) Nice review, Carol! I can't wait to read this one 😊

Carol (Bookaria) Babydimps wrote: "Nice review, Carol! I can't wait to read this one 😊"

Thank you, Babydimps! Hope you enjoy it!

Susanne  Strong Nice review Carol! You enjoyed this one a lot more than I did, but that said, I appreciate your views and am glad you enjoyed it!

message 14: by Ginger (last edited Jan 25, 2018 07:45AM) (new)

Ginger Nice review Carol! After reading your review, I actually want to read this book. Adding it to the list! :D

Stacey I'm looking forward to this one! Nice review =)

Carol (Bookaria) Susanne wrote: "Nice review Carol! You enjoyed this one a lot more than I did, but that said, I appreciate your views and am glad you enjoyed it!"

Thank you, Susanne! I didn't love it but enjoyed it

Carol (Bookaria) Ginger wrote: "Nice review Carol! After reading your review, I actually want to read this book. Adding it to the list! :D"

Thank you, Ginger! Hope you enjoy it!

Carol (Bookaria) Stacey wrote: "I'm looking forward to this one! Nice review =)"

Thank you Stacey, hope you enjoy it!!!

Laurene Love your review!

message 20: by Nazanin (new) - added it

message 21: by Nazanin (new) - added it

message 22: by Nazanin (new) - added it

Nazanin Wonderful review, Carol! Glad you liked it!

Carol (Bookaria) Laurene wrote: "Love your review!"

Thank you, Laurene!

Carol (Bookaria) Nazanin wrote: "Wonderful review, Carol! Glad you liked it!"

Thank you, Nazanin!

Deanna Great review, Carol!

Carol (Bookaria) Deanna wrote: "Great review, Carol!"

Thank you , Deanna!

message 27: by Candace (new) - added it

Candace Terrific review, Carol!

message 28: by Crumb (new) - added it

Crumb Great review, Carol!

Carol (Bookaria) Candace wrote: "Terrific review, Carol!"

Thank you, Candace!

Carol (Bookaria) Crumb wrote: "Great review, Carol!"

Thank you, Crumb! :)

Holly  B Fab review Carol!

Cheri Terrific review, Carol!

Carol (Bookaria) Holly wrote: "Fab review Carol!"

Thank you , Holly!

Carol (Bookaria) Cheri wrote: "Terrific review, Carol!"

Thank you, Cheri!

Andrea Good read,great review.

Carol (Bookaria) Andrea wrote: "Good read,great review."

Thank you, Andrea!

Kendall Great review Carol... this one was a so so read for me but glad you enjoyed :).

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

this review was worthy of 500mg and 80 proof. luuved it!