Raeleen Lemay's Reviews > The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

Oct 23, 2011

bookshelves: young-adult
Read from November 21 to 26, 2014

Re-read in November 2014
THE ENDING THE ENDING OH MAN I FORGOT THAT WAS THE ENDING. My general thoughts on the book remain the same as the last time I read this; the romance was a bit cheesy, but the mystery and plot twists really held the whole thing together!

Onwards to book 2!!

First read in January 2013
WOOO. AWESOME BOOK. At times the main Mara and Noah gave off a very "Bella & Edward" vibe which was a bit of a turn-off for me, but the whole mystery and creepiness of the book was great! And THAT ENDING. Now I really want to read the second book, but I'll have to wait until my birthday or something for somebody to get it for me since I'm not allowed to buy books this year!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.

01/13/2013 page 28
6.0% "So basically this guy sounds like Freddie from Skins but pale... Me gusta."
01/16/2013 page 217
48.0% 1 comment
11/21/2014 marked as: currently-reading
11/21/2014 page 8
1.0% "Time for a re-read!" 4 comments
11/26/2014 page 316
69.0% "Things are getting intennnnnse! I hope I can finish this tomorrow... I honestly can't remember how it ends and I'm excited to get there." 1 comment
11/26/2014 page 383
84.0% "WHAT IS REAL AND WHAT ISN'T" 7 comments
11/26/2014 marked as: read
show 5 hidden updates…

Susie I wanted to love this book, especially since the cover is so gorgeous... but I did not like it all.. I hope you like it though! :)

Shannon Jackson I LOVED this book :D I'm waiting for the second one to come out in paperback here in England :)

Raeleen Lemay My friend really loved it, and we have almost the exact same taste in books, so hopefully I love it too!!! :O

Joshua Hopefully you'll like that book because I loved it.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Wadey how are you liking it so far? I just finished it last week myself and enjoyed it alot

Farah Why aren't you allowed to buy books this year?

Raeleen Lemay Because I have toooooooo many, and I'm trying to spend less money on books that I don't REALLY need. I'm allowing myself to buy Clockwork Princess, but that's just about it.

message 8: by Georgia (new) - added it

Georgia Meagher thats basically the same situation im in... i cant not buy clockwork princess ya know? but its making me usr my library a lot more often which makes me feel good

message 9: by Alexa (new)

Alexa The library gives you books for free! :P

Farah Raeleen wrote: "Because I have toooooooo many, and I'm trying to spend less money on books that I don't REALLY need. I'm allowing myself to buy Clockwork Princess, but that's just about it."

I know what you, I'm in the same exact situation as you, but I don't think I could hold myself back from buying a book. My room is overflowing with books. But I've limited myself to a few books a month.

Raeleen Lemay Farah wrote: "Raeleen wrote: "Because I have toooooooo many, and I'm trying to spend less money on books that I don't REALLY need. I'm allowing myself to buy Clockwork Princess, but that's just about it."

I kno..."

I've decided that I have the ability to restrain myself when necessary, so that's what I'm doing.

Farah Raeleen wrote: "Farah wrote: "Raeleen wrote: "Because I have toooooooo many, and I'm trying to spend less money on books that I don't REALLY need. I'm allowing myself to buy Clockwork Princess, but that's just abo..."

I admire that, I wish I could do the same. :)