Diane S ☔'s Reviews > This Fallen Prey

This Fallen Prey by Kelley Armstrong

liked it

3.5 Once again we return to Rockton, that off the grid community where people are given a second chance. On the run from their parts this community is supposed to offer safety, but it sometimes doesn't seem that way. In this offering, Casey and Eric are not offered the choice, when a man is unceremoniously dropped in their midst. The council rules, and a great deal of money is on offer, an offer they have no intention of refusing. This man, and his past crimes will place this small community in danger.

I am fascinated by these novels,the idea of such a place hidden in the Yukons, the different people that come here, and the many reasons they come. Enjoy the back stories of these characters and their varied personalities. The new life Casey and Eric are trying to forge together, along with their new tracking pup in training, Storm.

I didn't rate this one as highly as the previous two in series, though I did enjoy the reading. Felt there was almost two much going on by books end, hard to keep track of who was doing what to who and why. Too much danger from too many different elements. I did though, like the very end when a person who definitely needed a comeuppance, got one. Looking forward to seeing where that goes. So a good read, but a little too cluttered for this reader.

ARC from Netgalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Fallen Prey.

January 20, 2018 – Started Reading
page 225
January 27, 2018 –
page 275
January 31, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Brenda I will have to start this series, Diane. I love it when earned comeuppances are delivered!

Diane S ☔ Me too, Brenda.

Marialyce I just put this one on hold at the library. I am anxious to see how this all turns out.

Diane S ☔ Hope you like it, Marialyce.