Kahea's Reviews > Final Siege

Final Siege by Scarlett Cole

4195039
***4 ‘Put A Line In The Concrete’ Stars***

Have you ever read a book that you really enjoyed and yet in the end a few little things had you wrestling with just how much you loved it and why, which leads to a bit more waffling over the rating and simply messing with your head?

If you haven’t, you’re lucky, but Final Siege has had my already over thinking mind working overtime. It isn’t that I didn’t like the book, hell I did the whole “Let me just take a peak” thing and didn’t really stop until about six chapters in because I was hooked, but those couple of things have made my head go a little wonky despite how much I enjoyed everything else.

Let’s start off on a good note though. Mac. I adored Mac. He has honor tattoo’d on to his heart and soul. The man is simply a GOOD man. His loyalty knows no bounds and when he sets his sights on a goal, a category 5 hurricane won’t stop him from achieving it. He’s confident and definitely has the alpha thing going on, but doesn’t go into asshat territory.

Delaney. Here’s where things get a little murky. I loved that she wanted to make the world a better place by bringing those intent on doing harm to justice. Her determination along with a good dose of stubborness to ensure that she accumulated factual data was something I admired. But on the personal side, I liked her, but didn’t love her. Some of her actions/reactions and her excuse(s) for them had me wanting to shake her because they had me looking at her as if she were a toddler throwing a tantrum for not getting their way. But when she was acting like a sensible adult, I did find her sweet and funny and really wanted to get to know that person.

Second chance romances are always rocky, no matter the reason for the why they didn’t work out the first time around, and while Mac and Delaney’s wasn’t the most OTT angsty I’ve ever read, they still drove me batshit crazy. I want to get more into things (I’ve written and deleted this part at least four times now) but that would give away a lot of the story. What it boils down to as good as I am with the outcome I’m still not all too sure if I believe they truly fit together. The only reason I say I’m good with it is because Mac really believed with his entire being that she was his and was always meant to be and I love him so much that I want him happy.

Even though I’m not all in on the HEA part, I still really enjoyed the book as a whole. The suspense aspect definitely kept me on my toes throughout the book, but what really kept me turning the pages (outside of needing to see Mac and Delaney FINALLY have it out) were the secondary characters (which should come as no surprise). I loved catching up with Six and Lou and how they were settling in as a couple, I enjoyed the little tastes of each of the Eagle Securities personalities and watching them interact, whether it be on a mission or just hanging out. I cannot wait for Cabe’s book and I’m really hoping that Ms. Cole has something simmering in her head for Mac’s siblings because I REALLY want to get know them all better.

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Final Siege.

January 20, 2018 – Started Reading
January 20, 2018 – Shelved
January 20, 2018 –
27.0% "I’m loving Del and Mac, I am but there is one thing I’m having an issue with, one and it’s driving me a little batshit cray cray atm"
January 21, 2018 – Finished Reading