Feathzzz's Reviews > 1Q84

1Q84 by Haruki Murakami

It’s like an acid trip. ….That’s honestly the best way I can describe this book.

Let me say this is only my second experience with Murakami, and well wonderful, I wasn’t quite as entranced as with the Wind-up Bird Chronicles.

Also I have to say, thank you, thank you, thank you so much to Random House Canada for giving me a beautiful free copy of this book! I really love the story and content, and the edition its self is so beautiful, and I just love books so much, so I’m really grateful! Thank you!

It was kick-ass, strange and stimulating. The story is made of very profound, though extremely equivocal substance, and on a personal level for me extremely relevant (in a mixed cerebral/ spiritual way). It was the Owl!! Seriously it’s so meaningful to me because the first hallucination I ever had my whole life was so similar to Tengo’s experience. It’s strange…. But I’d just be smoking a lot of weed and just started having visual and perceptional trips where an owl came to me imparted great wisdom. Sounds like I’m making it up but I swear I’ve had eerily similar experiences to this fictional book. Which in it’s self is another similar experience! See what I mean about it being like an acid trip! It just goes on! So weird to read. Deep and real in its intangibility. Unique.

There was some superb prose on the moon at several different parts of the novel that particularly touched me. Personally relevant again because I’ve always had a very strong affiliation to the moon. …..

I think I’ve found a new favorite author. I’m looking forward to get my hands on more of his work.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 1Q84.

October 23, 2011 – Shelved