KatLynne's Reviews > Scandalous Desires

Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth Hoyt

Feb 2015 - Did a buddy read with a friend and enjoyed just as much the 2nd time around:).

5+++ Stars I loved most everything about this book and Charming Mickey O'Conner is a hero you'll not want to miss!

Thanks to my GR friends Shawna, Denise & Lisa's review for bringing this amazing book to my attention. This set me on course to read this series and it's one of the best I've read this year.

Due to so many great reviews already posted I think I'll just give a peek at a few remarkable attributes of our hero. Our brave heroine, Silence, says it so much better than I:-)

"Tall, broad and everything that was male"
"Handsome as sin"
"His voice was like liquid sin, dark and dangerously seductive"
"His tongue was wet and hot and felt indescribable..."
"Charming with his Irish brogue, cold black hair, hard, muscled body"
"Mesmerizing"

Of course, there's much more to the man than his drool worthy looks and I enjoyed every layer revealed.

Perfect escapism and I was hooked from the very first page; I laughed, cried and fell totally in love with this pirate as well as the woman who "soothed his soul."

A treasure that I'll enjoy reading again!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scandalous Desires.

11/07/2011 page 80
22.0% "Hard to put this one down!"
11/09/2011 page 296
80.0% "Oh my...I may have another all time favorite hero:-)" 4 comments

KatLynne okaaay...I wanted to stick to my normal routine of reading series books in order. And I have been wavering wanting to skip to this 3rd book. Why did I have a peek at the excerpt? Now I must read this one first! I am so weak!

Keri Don't skip it...it is too good! I know what you mean though...me want now!

Katrina Y How is it so far katlynne, I'm so gonna read this next too!!

KatLynne Keri & Katrina...my OCD just wouldn't let me go on to the third book without reading the 2nd one first. About half way with NP and liking it:-)

Shawna Yay, I'm so glad you enjoyed it, KatLynne! And thanks for the reminder of why Mickey is so irresistibly yummy! :)

KatLynne Thanks Shawna,..I just loved Mickey! He is now one of my all time favorite heroes:-) For me, this has been a fantastic series!

Shawna He's one of my all-time fave heroes, too! I love all of Elizabeth Hoyt's books, but this series is definitely my favorite.

KatLynne Shawna wrote: "He's one of my all-time fave heroes, too! I love all of Elizabeth Hoyt's books, but this series is definitely my favorite."

I've read The Raven Princefrom her Princes Trilogy and loved it! Don't know why I didn't finish with the others but have them downloaded and hope to start soon.

Baba  Great review, KatLynne! I absolutely loved Michael! Yeah, our dear Mick was fantastic--very memorable! Such a wonderful story!

KatLynne Thanks Baba! So glad you like it. Mick was amazing:)

message 11: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Nice review KatLynne....I am gonna start this one this evening.

KatLynne Dee wrote: "Nice review KatLynne....I am gonna start this one this evening."

message 13: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee KatLynne wrote: "Dee wrote: "Nice review KatLynne....I am gonna start this one this evening."

Thanks Dee! Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Hope you enjoy as much as I did!:)"

I read it last night and I loved it.....Have posted a review. Mickey was to die for *sigh*

message 14: by KatLynne (last edited Jul 10, 2012 07:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

KatLynne Dee wrote: "KatLynne wrote: "Dee wrote: "Nice review KatLynne....I am gonna start this one this evening."

I read it last nigh..."

message 15: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee KatLynne wrote: "So glad you loved it Dee! Mickey is a "to die for" hero for sure:)) BTW...your review is fantastic! ..."

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) Do you need to read the others in the series first?

KatLynne Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Do you need to read the others in the series first?"

I think I would Heather, just to get the background on each character and the build of the ongoing theme. We meet Mickey in the first installment (which is still my favorite of this series:)

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) KatLynne wrote: "Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Do you need to read the others in the series first?"

Okay, thanks!

message 19: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Great review, KatLynne. <3

KatLynne Kristen (Peddler of Smut) wrote: "Great review, KatLynne. <3"

Thank you sweet friend:)! ((hugs))