Kirsty 's Reviews > Losing Lila

Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson

Oct 23, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: uk-author, review-books, signed, ukya
Read from June 13 to July 22, 2012

I had been desperate to read this book after finishing the first one a while back. I enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed book 1 because it was just as good for a whole variety of reasons.

For me the best thing about this book was Alex. Blimey that boy is gorgeous and makes me want to just sit and swoon for a few minutes rather than carry on reading. Not only is he loyal and kick-ass but also he is mighty fine (I do feel we need more Alex topless scenes). I love the relationship he has with Lila which is really protective but not smothering as she is more than capable of sanding on her own two feet even if Alex doesn't like it all that much when she puts herself in danger.

The story is exactly what I expected. Lots of twists and turns and lots of action to keep me hooked page after page. I liked that the story came to a pretty good conclusion involving the storyline around the psychic abilities of Lila and the plot set up in book one around the story of her mother but at the same time left open the possibility of a sequel.

All in all a fab read which I enjoyed. Definitely holding out hope for another instalment in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing Lila.