Kathleen's Reviews > I Know What You Bid Last Summer

I Know What You Bid Last Summer by Sherry Harris

bookshelves: read-2018

“I Know What You Bid Last Summer” earns 5/5 Killer Price Tags…Engaging!!

I am a newbie, so I recognize that events have occurred and relationships established, but there were enough helpful references that kept me totally engaged. Garage sales planner? A clever theme for this cozy. Sarah Winston is set to manage an athletic equipment swap meet at Ellington High, but has also taken on a “lasagna project” to taste test and covertly gather samples of local lasagnas. Her friend Chef Angelo has entered a bake-off contest, and wants some inside information about the competition. All of this seems reasonably innocent, right? Well, it is a cozy “mystery,” and criminal activity is lurking...an assault, a theft, a murder! Engaging and entertaining Sherry’s first-person narrative is well-written sharing Sarah’s inner thoughts along with excellent descriptions to set the suspense. She doesn't rely just on telling the story by including fun banter to help illustrate tone and personality. Well-plotted story with several scenarios are investigated, but Sarah mostly collaborates with, not ignores, law enforcement. Sarah is a sympathetic, yet wounded, character when it comes to intimate relationships, so there are close friendships, but not much romance. A great bonus rounds out the experience with “Garage Sale Tips” for those who wish to include food and drink—Setting Up a Pretzel Bar! I highly recommend this book, and me, I'm off to check out the other books in the series, too.

"Disclosure: I received an ARC. My review is voluntary with honest insights and comments."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Know What You Bid Last Summer.

January 20, 2018 – Shelved