Merphy Napier's Reviews > The Picture of Dorian Gray

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

41973734

bookshelves: classics, five-stars

This is one of the best classics I've ever read. One of the best endings I've ever read. I was screaming! And there were a few scenes that were so intense and emotional and shocking that I had to stop reading for a while to recover. Honestly, this book was amazing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Picture of Dorian Gray.

January 17, 2018 – Started Reading
January 20, 2018 – Shelved
January 20, 2018 – Shelved as: classics
January 20, 2018 – Shelved as: five-stars
January 20, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel (ReadUntilTheLastPage) YES! This is probably my favorite classic I've read so far!!!

message 2: by Kenya (new) - added it

Kenya Wright Ok. I have to check this out.

message 3: by Aaminah (new) - added it

Aaminah I was dying to try this book and when I finally went out and bought it, I couldn't seem to get into it! It was upsetting because I knew it would be something I'd love. I really need to give it a another try

Merphy Napier Aaminah wrote: "I was dying to try this book and when I finally went out and bought it, I couldn't seem to get into it! It was upsetting because I knew it would be something I'd love. I really need to give it a an..."

Try the audio book, I got it from my library and it really worked well for me :)

Maud Aaaaah, YES YOU ENJOYED ONE OF MY FAVOURITE CLASSICS! I seriously think that if you enjoyed this one you will like The Phantom of the Opera! :)

Andra Omg, yes! The Phantom of the Opera is great!!

LittleDeadRedGoddessPersephone One of my favorite classic!

message 8: by Val (new) - rated it 5 stars

Val If you ever decide to re-read it, I suggest you pick up the uncensored version! (Unless you already did that, in which case, carry on with life!)