Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > The Goblin King

The Goblin King by Shona Husk

This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: August 1, 2011 (Available Now)
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Imprint: Casablanca
Author’s Website:
My Source for This Book: (Chrismtas Present)
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy

Okay so I have a teensy admission to make — I love the movie Labyrinth. Love it. The whole idea of wishing for help from a mythical Goblin King only to find yourself his prisoner? Oh yeahhhhhh. So, while this book has nothing whatsoever to do with that movie, I admit that I was at first intrigued by the possibility of any parallels. Once I started reading, however, I quickly forgot about David Bowie’s hair and instead found myself falling in love with not only the world that Ms. Husk has created, but with all of her goblins as well. The struggle of the men to go against their “goblin” natures, the heartbreak of watching one of their own succumb and fully transform, and the hopelessness they faced as the clock quickly ticked down to the point where breaking the curse truly seemed to be an impossibility was a joy to read.

While I admit that it was a little frustrating to see the same issues rehashed several times over the story, and my desire to smack some decisiveness into Eliza only grew over the course of the novel, overall, I absolutely adored it.

5/5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goblin King.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I'm glad you gave this one your stamp of approval. I've had my eye on it!

Amanda I totally had a thing for david bowie in Labyrinth!

I agree with your review I quite enjoyed this book, I haven't been enjoying the second as much Dai has been annoying me. :(