Joseph Sverker's Reviews > Systematic Theology, Volume 2

Systematic Theology, Volume 2 by Wolfhart Pannenberg

Oct 23, 2011

bookshelves: theology
Read from October 23, 2011 to April 17, 2012

It is a little bit difficult to understand how it is even possible to do research on this scholarly level and to do it consistently over so many areas of theology. After having read this volume I'm kind of pressed to agree that if someone says, particularly on a historical point, Pannenberg says, well then it is correct. Or, I would have a very difficult time to prove it wrong anyway. Then when it comes to some theological issues, I might disagree, but this is such an impressive achievement that it is worth reading simply for that reason. Although, it simply takes a very long time and it should be said that it is dry stuff, but still German theology at its best as well. His thoughts of the Bible that it is to the extent that it witness to the Gospel that it is authoritative over the Church is very interesting, sort of tautologous, but interesting and I hope he develops it in the third volume. But that is for a little later. Now I must read something slightly lighter for a while (like Kant, Hegel or Wittgenstein!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Systematic Theology, Volume 2.