C.G. Drews's Reviews > The Queen of Nothing

The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black

bookshelves: 5-star, best-of-2019, magical-fantasy, read-2019, paranormal, young-adult

Oh this was deliciously wickedly exquisite. And it's okay!!! I will hide all spoilers in this review!! I just want to firstly say I'm exhausted right now...I was so anxious waiting for this 😂and for the first time in my life I was in a bookstore, ON release day, AT opening time, to get my copy. They had to unpack it from out back for me smh, it's: 9:30am people why is it not on the shelves. But it was so so perfect, and thoroughly everything I wanted.

Surprising. Captivating. Twisty. Phenomenal. It wrangled my feels, gave me the Jude/Cardan moments I wanted, also upped the schemes and stakes and fates to level MAXIMUM SUFFERING AND STRESS. Gah, bless Holly Black. Wicked fae and poisonous beauty and monstrous loves are just all my brand of favourites in books. I am starry eyed, content, and invigorated right now. All I ask for in a series finale. 😌👌🏻

(view spoiler)

*:·゚✧*:·゚✧ QUOTES *:·゚✧*:·゚✧

I am the Queen of Elfhame.
Even though I am the queen in exile, I am still the queen.
And that means Madoc isn't just trying to take Cardan's throne. HE's trying to take mine.

"Mortals are fragile," I say.
"Not you," he says in a way that sounds a little like a lament. "You never break."
Which is ridiculous, as hurt as I am. I feel like a constellation of wounds, held together with string and stubbornness. Still, I like hearing it. I like everything he's saying all too well.
That boy is your weakness.

"We have lived in our armour for so long, you and I. And now I am not sure if either of us knows how to remove it."
"Is this another riddle?" I ask. "And if I answer it, will you go back to kissing me?"
"If that's what you want."

"By you, I am forever undone."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Queen of Nothing.

January 20, 2018 – Shelved
November 19, 2019 – Shelved as: read-2019
November 19, 2019 – Shelved as: paranormal
November 19, 2019 – Shelved as: young-adult
November 19, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Marti (마르티나) I feel you, this was so good and I'm sad cause it's over

message 2: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie I will read your review when I’m done, I can’t wait to read this third installment over the weekend. 😍 I hope it doesn’t break my heart like the second.

Lily Walter I WAS WAITING THE ENTIRE BOOK FOR TARYN TO STAB JUDE IN THE BACK

Annie Me too! I was horrified every time Jude chose to trust Taryn!