Kaceey's Reviews > Jar of Hearts

Jar of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier

bookshelves: netgalley, buddy-read

Question - What if your childhood sweetheart turns out to be a serial killer?

Dark, chilling, edge of your seat thriller. Jennifer Hillier pulls out all the stops on this one! And dark and chilling is exactly what you’ll get here in spades!

Jennifer Hillier is the queen of obsessive, misguided love. I read one of her previous books a few years ago Creep and thought it was brilliant. Now Ms. Hillier has done it again. And this time it’s over the top!

Calvin is the boy every teenage girl’s father warns her against. He’s big trouble through and through. But isn’t that what draws every teenage girl in? The ultimate bad boy.

Georgina is just 16 when she falls for the charms of the first older boy to show her attention. It isn’t long before her grades begin slipping and her lifelong friendships are wavering. She’s in way over her head and not totally sure she even wants to find a way out.

There’s been a lot of positive buzz around this book and it absolutely deserves every bit of it. It had just the right amount of twists to keep you guessing but not so many that you lose your way. Well written from beginning to end. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Highly recommend!

A buddy read with Susanne!

Thank you to NetGalley, St Martin’s Press and Jennifer Hillier for an ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jar of Hearts.

January 19, 2018 – Shelved
January 19, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
June 11, 2018 – Started Reading
June 15, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley
June 15, 2018 – Finished Reading
June 27, 2018 – Shelved as: buddy-read

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)

Tani Great review. I'm currently reading this book. So far it's amazing.

Meredith Glad you enjoyed this too, Kaceey! Great review!

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Great review, Kaceey! I'm anxious to get to this one :-)

Kaceey Taniksha wrote: "Great review. I'm currently reading this book. So far it's amazing."

Thank you Taniksha! Glad you are enjoying this one too!!😊

message 5: by Kaceey (last edited Jun 30, 2018 04:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kaceey Meredith wrote: "Glad you enjoyed this too, Kaceey! Great review!"

Thank you Meredith! Loved your review for this one too!

Kaceey Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister wrote: "Great review, Kaceey! I'm anxious to get to this one :-)"

Thank you Kristin! I hope you enjoy it!!😊

message 7: by Jaline (new) - added it

Jaline I can't wait to read this one, Kaceey - especially after reading your intriguing review! 😊

Holly  B So glad you enjoyed it Kaceey!

BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas) This is one I really want to read! Fab review Kaceey.

message 10: by KAS (new)

KAS Super review, Kaceey!! Glad you enjoyed all the twists ;) xoxo 💕

Kendall Fantastic review Kaceey! I loved this one too 😊

message 12: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan Wonderful review, Kaceey!!

Rachel Lovely review! I’m looking forward to reading it.

Miriam Smith Oh I'm getting this soon, great review, glad you enjoyed it 👍

message 15: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Super review Kaceey 👍🏻

message 16: by Paula (new)

Paula Kalin Love thrillers with a few twists. Excellent review, Kaceey!

Kaceey Jaline wrote: "I can't wait to read this one, Kaceey - especially after reading your intriguing review! 😊"

Thank you so much Jaline! Hope you enjoy!!😊

Kaceey Holly wrote: "So glad you enjoyed it Kaceey!"

Thank you Holly!’

Kaceey (Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas wrote: "This is one I really want to read! Fab review Kaceey."

Thank you Bern!! I hope you enjoy it too!!😊

Kaceey KAS wrote: "Super review, Kaceey!! Glad you enjoyed all the twists ;) xoxo 💕"

Thank you so much KAS! The twistier the better!!🤗💜

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Fantastic review Kaceey!! So glad this was enjoyable for you!

message 22: by RedemptionDenied (new)

RedemptionDenied Excellent review, Kaceey!

message 23: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Wonderful review, Kaceey! Can't wait to read it! 💗

message 24: by Cheri (new) - added it

Cheri This is sitting next to me to read after I finish my Lisa Jackson book. Great review!

Julie Great review, Kaceey!! 😊

Babydimps (Suzy) Awesome review Kaceey! I’m looking forward to this one! 😊

Kaceey Kendall wrote: "Fantastic review Kaceey! I loved this one too 😊"

Thank you Kendall! Glad you enjoyed this one too!!😊

Kaceey Rose wrote: "I loved this one too! Although it was a bit odd since I used to have a hedgehog that was literally named Calvin James 😆 you've convinced me to read her other stuff!"

Glad you loved this one too Rose! Haha on you hedgehog! Maybe you could get him a girlfriend named Geo!😂. I hope you try Creep! It was so good!!

Kaceey Megan wrote: "Wonderful review, Kaceey!!"

Thank you Megan!

Kaceey Rachel wrote: "Lovely review! I’m looking forward to reading it."

Thank you Rachel! I hope you enjoy it!!🤗

Kaceey Miriam wrote: "Oh I'm getting this soon, great review, glad you enjoyed it 👍"

Thank you Miriam! Can’t wait to see what you thnK! I’ll be watching for your review!🤗

Kaceey Maureen wrote: "Super review Kaceey 👍🏻"

Thank you Maureen!😊

Kaceey Paula wrote: "Love thrillers with a few twists. Excellent review, Kaceey!"

Thank you Paula! You might just love this one! Hope you try it!

Kaceey Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "Fantastic review Kaceey!! So glad this was enjoyable for you!"

Thank you so much Lindsay!🤗

Kaceey RedemptionDenied wrote: "Excellent review, Kaceey!"

Thank you RD!!

Kaceey Nazanin wrote: "Wonderful review, Kaceey! Can't wait to read it! 💗"

Thank you Nazanin! Hope you enjoy it!!🤗💜

Kaceey Cheri wrote: "This is sitting next to me to read after I finish my Lisa Jackson book. Great review!"

Thank you Cheri! Hope you enjoy this one too!!😊

Kaceey Julie wrote: "Great review, Kaceey!! 😊"

Thank you Julie!!🤗

message 39: by Sasha (new)

Sasha Amazing review. I really want to read this book. This revoew tpuched my heart.

Kaceey Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Awesome review Kaceey! I’m looking forward to this one! 😊"

Thank you Suzy! Hope you enjoy it!🤗

Kaceey Sasha wrote: "Amazing review. I really want to read this book. This revoew tpuched my heart."

Thank you Sasha!! I hope you enjoy it too!😊

message 42: by JanB (new)

JanB Kaceey, you're so right...lots of buzz....and I'm regretting not taking advantage of the 'read now' status when I could...ha. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

message 43: by Cheri (new) - added it

Cheri Kaceey - Traveling Sister wrote: "Cheri wrote: "This is sitting next to me to read after I finish my Lisa Jackson book. Great review!"

Thank you Cheri! Hope you enjoy this one too!!😊"

I did enjoy it. Gave it 5 stars!

Kaceey JanB wrote: "Kaceey, you're so right...lots of buzz....and I'm regretting not taking advantage of the 'read now' status when I could...ha. I'm glad you enjoyed it!"

Thank you Jan! Sorry you missed out on this one!! Maybe down the road....

message 45: by Kaceey (last edited Jul 03, 2018 10:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kaceey Cheri wrote: "Kaceey - Traveling Sister wrote: "Cheri wrote: "This is sitting next to me to read after I finish my Lisa Jackson book. Great review!"

Thank you Cheri! Hope you enjoy this one too!!😊"
I did enjoy ..."

That’s great Cheri! I’m so glad you loved this one too!!🤗💜

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Terrific review, Kaceey! Glad that you loved this one too. 😊💖

Kaceey Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Terrific review, Kaceey! Glad that you loved this one too. 😊💖"

Thank you Mary Beth! Loved your review for this one too!🤗💜

Elyse Walters haha --you mean daddy doesn't think Calvin is a dream date huh? lol great review xox

Kaceey Elyse wrote: "haha --you mean daddy doesn't think Calvin is a dream date huh? lol great review xox"

Thank you Elyse! Lol!! He’s the one the girls sneak out their windows to meet!😉. Glad you enjoyed this one too!