Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*'s Reviews > Lead Me Home

Lead Me Home by A.L. Jackson

Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received an eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

4 Stars!

The Review:
What a story! I’ve loved all the books in this series but I have to admit, I was really curious what Ollie and Nikkie’s book would be like, and I am unbelievably happy to say ... I was NOT disappointed. Emotional, suspenseful, sexy and insightful, this book was amazing from start to finish.

Story/Characters...
Fourteen years ago, Sydney Preston went missing and left a hole in the hearts of those who loved her.

Especially her brother, Oliver Preston.

Ollie is strong, fiercely loyal and protective and sexy as sin. And he’s also consumed with an impenetrable guilt over his sisters disappearance. How could he even fathom a future filled with happiness when his sister couldn’t have her own? So he shut down, accepting the blame his mother reaped on him and he searched. For years, he looked for any clue that might tell him what happened to his sister, all the while denying himself the one person who he knew could truly make the pain and loss bearable.

Nikkie Walters has loved Ollie for as long as she can remember, but you can only be pushed away and rejected so many times before your open, loving heart starts to build walls and shut down. Always the life of the party, always happy to give away smiles and help those around her, her secret pain is the constant rejection of the one man she’s always loved. She carries her own guilt for her best friends disappearance, but instead of shutting down and pushing Ollie out of her life, like he’s done to her, she wanted nothing more than to pull him closer and find solace in his arms.

But he wouldn’t let her.

Now that she’s in trouble and danger lurks around the corner, Ollie has inserted himself into her life once again and insists he has to protect her.

These two ... where do I even start. Ollie’s pain was so intense and heartbreaking. The blame he placed on himself was hard to read. Nikkie was so in love with Ollie but she was tired of her heart being crushed every time he pushed her away. That too, was hard to read. But when these two came together? WOWZA! They had amazing chemistry and the author gave us some great, steamy bedroom time.

We get the full story of what happened that night, so long ago, and it’s a more tangled web than anyone thought. So much unnecessary blame between them all ... Rex, Ollie, Nikkie. But they were kids and awful things happened. It hurt to read how these characters, who I’d come to love a great deal, put all that guilt on themselves when it wasn’t them that should have taken ANY of the blame!

I will say, things got a little slow about half way through. There was so much forward and backward with Ollie and Nikkie and it got just a tiny bit repetitive, but once things started to heat up and once characters started to play their roles, things picked up quick and it was a nonstop ride all the way to the end!

The Wrap Up:
There’s a lot going on in this read. Intense feels as Ollie and Nikkie navigate their sexual attraction and their emotional connection, their need and their desire for one another, all the while dealing with threats against Nikkie ... and Ollie’s desperate need to protect her. Then you have the mystery surrounding Sydney’s disappearance and what really happened. Secrets from other characters in the series come out full force and by the end ... I. Was. Floored!

There were some great flashbacks to their younger years and how they came to care so much for one another and why Ollie felt he NEEDED to protect his girls.

Everything was so well told ... so well written. And the epilogue was perfection!

Amazing series, fabulous book. All must reads!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lead Me Home.

January 19, 2018 – Shelved