Michelle's Reviews > Victor

Victor by A.K. Michaels

liked it

More aligned with 3 1/2 stars.

I had won Victor during the holidays in a FB giveaway and was excited that the author had also signed it. I love to read! Victor was very fast-paced, but I found the character build-up to be missing key elements throughout for everyone due to this. All the energy went into ensuring the plot was there and not those that were in the plot. Not to say nothing was said of the characters; I could easily see Kimber in my eyes as I was reading but that was truly the only one. The book is called Victor and even as I am typing this, I cannot picture what he would look like except a basic "guy".

The story-line itself, as I stated, is very fast with loads happening all in a very quick timeline that left even more unsaid and me questioning so many things and wanting to know the background of how it all came to be and the individuals themselves. This could have been quite a robust novel if the build-up and backgrounds of those involved had been written also. While I understand there are several Vampire Thirst novels completed by various authors, I honestly feel this could have been so much more. This felt too rushed and set the pace for the rest.

Was it a bad read? No, it kept me following until the end, but, as stated, left me empty. Now, my favorite character from the beginning was Nellie; that is a story I would love to read also.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Victor.

Started Reading