Rachel Jordan's Reviews > Like a Dream

Like a Dream by Shina James

bookshelves: books-read-in-2018

Amelia Waters is only fifteen when she loses both her parents following a fight. She is forced to stay with her aunt Leona and cousins Navid and Eli. Much to her horror Amelia is made to move to Missouri, where Leona shows her nothing but hatred.

Now I'll be honest in my opinion Like a Dream starts off slow, but then as you get further into the story it's tempo picks up.
Amelia is a young girl whose life is turned upside down by an aunt who has never liked her mother.
In Amelia, Shina has created a character who no matter how low she gets, knows that she must survive no matter what the world throws at her.
Leona has been written  as someone you can't help but hate and be suspicious of as is Eli her son.
Navid on the other hand is someone you can sympathise with as Amelia pieces together a horrific event from when he was small.
Like a Dream is more than a romance novel; it is a mystery and suspense as well.
The ending is a cliff-hanger, but if you are like me and have immersed yourself in Amelia's story you will want to read the rest of the series to find out how her story ends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Like a Dream.

January 18, 2018 – Shelved
January 18, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
February 7, 2018 – Started Reading
February 8, 2018 – Shelved as: books-read-in-2018
February 8, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Shina James Hi Rachel,

Thank you so much for reading Like a Dream and writing a great review. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind copy and pasting your review on Amazon for me? It would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you'd like to read the next book in the series I would be happy to send you a copy. ;)