Carianne Carleo-Evangelist's Reviews > Running with a Police Escort: Tales from the Back of the Pack

Running with a Police Escort by Jill Grunenwald

While this book would benefit from a stronger edit, she's a wonderful storyteller. As a new and slow runner myself, it's always nice to see stories of people going through the same struggles I have over the last year. I too found Biggest Loser an impetus for my weight loss, although running came much later for me. I found it interesting that she went from running to run /walking later, but it worked for her and kept her interested in running. I'm impressed at her endurance after the injury in her second half.

Aside from the running info, I really enjoyed this "guided tour" of Ohio. It has some areas I've been to -- and some I'd love to, like the set of Shawshank Redemption. I enjoyed recognizing some places such as the areas in Cleveland around the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. While I'm not as bling inspired as she is, I loved her description of the medals, especially the Christmas Story ones. Team Pink Nightmare!

A good, light read about a back of the pack runner who manages still to enjoy running despite re injuring herself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running with a Police Escort.

January 18, 2018 – Started Reading