Denise Baer's Reviews > A Drop in the Ocean

A Drop in the Ocean by Jenni Ogden

it was ok

I was generous with the 2-star rating. This book touches on interesting subject matters, such as turtles and Huntington's disease, but that was as far as my interest went. I skimmed through many pages of mundane information, and those I read were filled with the same. It read like the main character writing journal entries, except every detail of what she made for breakfast, or wore, or what she was feeling at any given time went on for several pages. It bogged it down.

A 'telling' story of everything, the characters had no depth, and the plot was a turtle's pace on land. I guess I’m missing what most readers like about books and I haven’t figured it out yet. I realize my dislike of the book is in the minority, but I love witnessing a growth in characters, and falling in love with the themes of a book. Instead, I was told about an insecure, whiny character, and her life that rambled on mostly about insignificant things.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Drop in the Ocean.

January, 2018 – Started Reading
January, 2018 – Finished Reading
January 17, 2018 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Sorry to hear the book didn't do it for you. I hope the book you choose for the next BookBum Club theme is more enjoyable.

Denise Baer Cathy wrote: "Sorry to hear the book didn't do it for you. I hope the book you choose for the next BookBum Club theme is more enjoyable."

Yeah, we all have that certain thing about books we look for when reading. Thanks much.