Cat | Bookocraze's Reviews > The Black Painting

The Black Painting by Neil Olson

A mystery novel so enthralling, that you can't but devour!

The Black Painting is a standalone mystery novel by Neil Olson, centered around Teresa in her quest to discover her family's secrets and the real story behind the disappearance of a Goya painting.

Teresa's grandfather invites his family over to his secluded mansion, to discuss with them his will. Only for Teresa to find him dead as soon as she arrives. An investigation begins, and soon Teresa starts questioning all of her relatives and their motives for wanting her grandfather dead. Oh, and they are a lot.

An intriguing and captivating story, a fabulously-written novel, which I felt like I inhaled, as I finished it in under 2 days.

The mood was dark and matched the plot perfectly, the main heroine was brilliant and I loved reading her thoughts as she uncovered the family's secrets and gave us her opinions on her relatives.

There was suspense, there was mystery and a smart protagonist, perfectly suited to this story line.
As a crime literature enthusiast, I am adding it to my favorite mystery novels ever printed and intending to actively spread the word about it!

I would like to thank the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with an e-arc, in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Painting.

January 12, 2018 – Started Reading