Karina Read's Reviews > Archangel's Blade

Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh

did not like it

I’m so disappointed with this. I really enjoyed how complex and interesting the first three Guild Hunter books were. They weren’t just about the romance, the plots were engaging and genuinely emotive. This? Repetitive and cringey.

It feels like every other paragraph uses the same wording to describe what happened to Dmitri’s family and how he feels and how Honor feels.. just blah, blah, blah. Very eye-roll inducing and the plot was just pointless. The duo had to wrap up two ‘problems’ and unlike past novels, these issues didn’t have a wider impact outside of them/New York. Nothing earth shattering that would affect all the cool characters we’ve met around the world, just blah. It was all wrapped up neatly and NONE of the characters ever felt in danger. Dmitri is too good in combat that there was never any fear. Where’s the fun in that? It didn’t make me feel anything but “when will this end??”. So different from the first three.

And i’m sorry BUT THAT “twist” AT THE END?? i’m so mad about that, just no. It made no sense, it wasn’t consistent with what we know about the world and it just makes one character suffer unnecessarily AND then gets rid of them entirely! I mean what??! So disappointing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archangel's Blade.

January 16, 2018 – Started Reading
January 16, 2018 – Shelved
January 16, 2018 –
52.0% "Ugh. This one is so repetitive and cringey. Nowhere near as enjoyable as the first three books :/ such a shame as Dmitri had so much potential. & i’ve really enjoyed all the other Nalini Singh books i’ve read."
January 17, 2018 – Finished Reading