Anne Z.'s Reviews > Lover Awakened

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

Read 2 times. Last read January 22, 2019.

“I was dead until you found me, though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came… and I was awakened.”

I freaking LOVE this book!!!!My friends know me well... give me a brute horrible killer of a man with a tormented past and I go 'ga-ga' LOL

The book had tons of sweet moments.
But it also had tons of very dark, very heavy moments parts.

Zsadist is ridiculously violent, savaged. Feared by almost everyone around him. Anger and fear walk side by side in him. His past has never left him, or he has never left it... to experience him heal, be part of his journey was really nice. The story was intense and touching. But it wasn't an easy read, it is dark and heavy.
Bella was abducted and when rescued by Zsadist sticks to him like glue and eventually falls for him. She was so patient with him, so loving and kind even though she was going through trauma herself.

All in all a great story.

I read it as a stand alone. Someday if I have time I will read the other books, but not anytime soon. And that I guess is why I can't give it a 5. A few of the characters will only make sense to me if I go back and read books 1 and 2 and if I continue in the story. I will, for sure. Just not soon.

Update: rereading the series in order this time. OMG Z 😍😍😍😍 now that all characters have a background the story is so more intense!!! 5 billion stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Awakened.

January 16, 2018 – Started Reading