Lady Lioness's Reviews > Chasin' Eight

Chasin' Eight by Lorelei James

Oct 21, 2011

bookshelves: genre-contemporary-romance, ebook, read-october-2011, subgenre-western, subgenre-famous-heroes-or-heroines
Read in October, 2011

I have a wicked headache and an irritating sore throat. Clearly, I am on board the train to Sickly, but I can't seem to find somewhere to get off. It distresses me.

In any case, I really enjoyed Chasin' Eight. It was full of the hot steamy action James is known for, but it also had a great story. I was disappointed when it ended. I've read most, if not all, of the other Rough Rider books, but Chasin' Eight stands alone quite well.

Chase isn't your traditional hero. Not only is he on the short side (5'5"), he's self-centered with a propensity for alcohol and women. The heroine, Ava, comes off a little like a saint in comparison. However, Chase's flaws make him seem very 'real.' There were several points when I expected the book to lapse into various tropes & cliches, but James successfully navigated her way around those pitfalls.

There was also the slightest hint at who could be the next hero and I hope it's Ben. He seems right up my alley. I'd rec Chasin' Eight for anyone who's looking to give Lorelei James a try. I think this is the perfect intro to her work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasin' Eight.