Llaph 's Reviews > Blood Gamble

Blood Gamble by Melissa F. Olson

bookshelves: kick-ass-heroine, kindle, kindle-unlimited, pnr-uf, vampire, werewolf-shape-shifter, woo-woo

Just wow…. I think the whole thing with Jameson … just sad. It was a revelation to see what another null went through. Especially if you compare Scarlet’s life with Charlie’s life, and then Jameson’s life. Makes a person wonder how the other few nulls in the world have been treated. Once again I think the author’s jab at writing romance/sexual emotions is a bit far-fetched or needs more work. That or I’m just old and don’t get how kids are these days….
I certainly wasn't expecting what all happened at the end. I can say though that I was glued to listening to the last 1/3rd of the book and am glad I listen to my books because I can do other stuff, like eat, go to the bathroom, and clean while still reading. I <3 Bluetooth headphones.
One of the things I liked was how characters from other series made cameos in this series too. I like how they’re all connected in one way or another. It lends a certain depth to the entire world Olson has created here and I like it. It opens it up for a lot of possibilities in the future. I’m not sure I would read the series/books out of order because of this though. I’m rather obsessive when it comes to reading things in order, no matter how minor tangentially things are connected.
I so can’t wait to read the next book after that ending. I had a feeling it was going to happen, since not much is really known about nulls despite both Scarlet and Lex trying to get more information. It just adds a touch more sadness when it comes to Jameson’s plight.
Is she finally going to pick Jesse now? What happened to UF where there was one couple with issues they worked out that didn’t involve possible other people encroaching on their turf? Kate and Curran, Nevada and Rogan, Charlie and Reyes, and well I could list a few more, but you get the idea if you know of the couples I listed. Though I can say the Cassie Pritkin ship took freaking FOREVER.
I reallllly liked this one….
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Gamble.

January 15, 2018 – Started Reading