Jason Koivu's Reviews > The Beginner's Guide to Wicca: How to Practice Earth-Centered Spirituality

The Beginner's Guide to Wicca by Starhawk

bookshelves: religion
Read 2 times. Last read January 15, 2018.

I'm not looking to convert and become a warlock...even though the title does sound tempting! I read a lot of stuff like this for research. I've been boning up on religions lately and this is yet another.

The Beginner's Guide to Wicca is a very basic intro to wicca. That's not a knock on it. After all, that's what it sets out to be. Just keep that in mind. You're not getting deep insights here, just the basics. I'm only just starting my research into wicca, so this one made sense to me at the time.

Another bonus was that I found it at the library on audiobook, so I was able to listen to the whole short thing while I did the dishes and cleaned the house. The narrator might have been the author herself, I'm not sure. Regardless, whoever read it had a nice casual-yet-knowledgeable approach. This was a good, bit-sized intro that spoon fed me the basics. Just what the shaman ordered!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beginner's Guide to Wicca.