Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews's Reviews > Scoring With the Wrong Twin

Scoring With the Wrong Twin by Naima Simone

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-slick

As a kid, I always wanted a twin so we could switch places and fool people, so when I read the synopsis for Scoring with the Wrong Twin I knew this book was for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Identical twins, unless you count the piercings and tattoo on one, the fact that one is super outgoing and an up and coming super model and the other is a app developer switch places when the model needs to be in two places at one time, what could go wrong? Well, in this case not much because the non-model finds love with a man who rocks her world in more ways than one.

Sophia Cruz has no idea how her model sister once again convinced her to do something she didn’t want to do, but the truth is Sophia has trouble saying no to Giovanna so she finds herself at a photo shoot for a sports/men’s magazine and wearing far too skimpy clothing and posing with Zephirin Black, tight end for the Washington Warriors NFL team; a man her sister has worked with before and a man who ignites her libido like no other.

The chemistry between these two was off the charts and I loved that Sophia turned down Zephirin’s demand she go out to dinner with him after the shoot. I like that she had the upper hand, but when they meet again by accident there was nothing stopping the lust train rolling through them. While I understood Sophia’s need to keep her sister’s secret, I also knew that by doing so she was jeopardizing what she was building with Zeph and she knew it as well. It was easy to see that “playing” her sister was something that bothered her especially as Zeph shared his past experience with her. I hated that while he really was getting to know the “real” Sophia, there were some things she simply couldn’t share for fear of harming her sister’s career. I will say I was impressed that Zeph turned a corner after a much needed talking to by his grandmother and made the ultimate grand gesture to show Sophia what she meant to him.

My only complaints; I kind of wanted to see the public’s reaction to their photo shoot because in my head those pictures were smokin’ hot and I wanted to see Sophia’s jerk of a boss realize what a mistake he made when the app she created for Zeph was hugely popular and her business was much sought after mainly because I’m a bit vindictive that way. That all being said, I enjoyed this easy romance that was filled with fun and some seriously steamy sexy times!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scoring With the Wrong Twin.

Started Reading