Jen Stirrup's Reviews > Human Resource Management for MBA and Business Masters

Human Resource Management for MBA and Business Masters by Iain Henderson

U 50x66

bookshelves: business

The book Human Resource Management for MBA and Business Masters offered an excellent introduction to the study of HRM, and I thoroughly recommend it as a way of cutting through the MBA material on HRM.
If you find the Marchington text on Human Resource Management at work a bit dense, then I'd recommend reading the Henderson book first. MBA students will be familiar with this book, which is a 'big brother' to the book by Henderson which I'm reviewing here.
Human Resource Management at Work
Henderson's book distilled the main points of the debates, and it helped to cut through some of the noise before I attempted to go back and read the Marchington book. In other words, it was good to have the 'skinny' first before going back to read the Marchington book.
I am a visual learner and I liked the fact that Henderson's book had diagrams. There were also some case studies, which are useful for my particular learning style because I could remember the examples.
This book is published by the CIPD and I'm glad to say that they did a good job of making this topic accessible. Thank you to Iain Henderson and the CIPD team.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Human Resource Management for MBA and Business Masters.

Finished Reading