Eeva's Reviews > The Diary of a Bookseller

The Diary of a Bookseller by Shaun Bythell

did not like it

DNF.
It's extremely repetitive and not as funny as the author clearly thinks.
Getting through those diary entries was just such a chore and it brought me, as a reader, ZERO fun, just made me yawn and eye roll and sigh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Diary of a Bookseller.

January 13, 2018 – Started Reading
January 13, 2018 – Shelved
January 13, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Silvia (new) - added it

Silvia Thanks for the review!!! It was on my TBR!!!

message 2: by Eeva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eeva Silvia wrote: "Thanks for the review!!! It was on my TBR!!!"

Lots of people like it though... it's just not something for me.

Jenny Mackinlay Yep. Repetitive and not funny.

message 4: by Eeva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eeva Shaun wrote: "Why do you think the author thinks it's funny?"

Because the blurb literally says " In these wry and hilarious diaries".

Janine (morgensternreads) omg someone doesn't like your book, get over it and stop talking in third person it's very creepy.

message 6: by Eeva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eeva Shaun wrote: "Yeah, the author doesn't write the blurb, the publisher does."

Oh, wow, really? I didn't know that. That was heavy sarcasm, btw, I knew that. So are you saying this book wasn't supposed to be funny and yet the publisher advertises it as hilarious? That's curious.

As an author you should be aware that it's impossible to write a book that will appeal to everyone. So please, stop picking on reviewers that didn't appreciate what you wrote because it's unprofessional and childish. Breathe in, breathe out and be like Elsa - just let it go.

message 7: by Eeva (last edited May 22, 2018 01:50AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Eeva Shaun wrote: "Thank you, Eeva. I'll do that.

Nope, didn't work."

It didn't? Oh wow, ok, let me change my rating to 5 stars then and wank over your book in my review.

Nope, didn't work.

Shaun, I understand that you poured your heart and soul into this book. I really do. But it doesn't change the fact that I didn't like it.
I seriously don't understand why you're so bothered by the fact that some random person on the Internet found your book boring.
Also, you should be a little bit more respectful towards people that actually paid for your book. Acting all blasé and fake-snarky does not make you look like a serious author but like a 5yo boy that had his toy taken away from him.

message 8: by Dorrit (new) - added it

Dorrit Ohh that interaction does not make me want to read that book.