Christiana's Reviews > One for the Money

Oct 20, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: adult-fic, mystery, action-adventure
Read on October 20, 2011

5'7" and 130 pounds? And she eats pizza, like, every other night with limited cardio? I'll believe it when I see it, Plum.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One for the Money.

Tara their making that into a movie now

Christiana I heard! I reserved it as soon as I heard because I figured the stampede for this would start soon :)

Mandy truth

message 4: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Fithian That is why it is FICTION. Evanovich's fantasy, IMHO, just like Morelli and Ranger. I'm a fan of the series, have read and listened to them all, but really, quite unbelievable. That's why they're so much fun!

Christiana Cat, don't get me wrong, I thought this book was a lot of fun. I think I am tired of women who complain about being a little porky when she's not porky at all. BUT that doesn't mean I won't continue with the series!

Mandy I have this same gripe about Carl Hiaasen and Meg Cabot
and Christopher Moore and probably some other authors I forget about. Stop the madness literary types! you're giving me a complex.

message 7: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Fithian Right, I get it. I have that issue, too, actually. Also, about this series, is that Stephanie always has to be rescued by a guy. Every time. All the time. It's what keeps it firmly in the Romance genre instead of really being full-on mystery or strong female lead.

Michelle Yeah. I read the first two books, but then the whole "I'm a spunky, sassy female that is supposed to kick butt, but still has to be rescued everytime bit" wore a little thin for me and ultimately turned me off from the rest of the series. The first one was fun though...also I hear Katherine Heigl (sp?) might play Stephanie...whatdoyouguysthinkaboutthat?

Tara I loved the first 10 or so, but now it is the same old story, I'm pretty over it. I am excited for the movie and yes Katherine Heigl is playing Stephanie.

message 10: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Fithian I'm very excited about the movie. I must admit that I simply love schlock of this type. It's my guilty pleasure as a reader.