Katie's Reviews > Fruits Basket, Vol. 23

Fruits Basket, Vol. 23 by Natsuki Takaya

Oct 20, 2011

bookshelves: graphic-novel, contemporary-fantasy
Read in October, 2011

** spoiler alert ** In the last volume, the Zodiac curse or bond was broken for everyone. This volume starts off with Akito calling a meeting with all of the former Zodiac animals. Akito reveals her true gender to all of the Zodiac members who didn't know. The kimono was given to her by Shigure, who loves her. Akito and the former members of the Zodiac try to deal with the aftermath of the curse.
It is revealed to the readers what Kyoko was really trying to say to Kyo the day that she died. Although it's impossible for Tohru and Kyo to know the truth, they are fulfilling her dying wish.
It focuses mostly on Tohru and Kyo moving on. Some of the characters get their storylines hinted at and wrapped up, but I wish I knew more about what happens to Momiji.
Yuki finally tells Tohru that he considers her to be a mother figure.
The series ends by showing Kyo and Tohru as grandparents, and it shows that she kept his beads and the Zodiac plus Cat ornaments all those years. I almost wish that the ending had a bit more to it though. We were only ever shown them kissing a couple of times.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fruits Basket, Vol. 23.

08/16 marked as: read

message 1: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma same here! I really liked it, but was disappointed that Momiji wasn't in it as much as the others...and I agree with the ending, too. I would have like to see more of them moving on..or it could just have ended without the last scene, and I would have been just as content.